The increasing spread of Covid-19 has prompted us to review existing business continuity plans and specifically prepare for the current risks.
We would like to assure you that we are able to provide our services even under the given circumstances and that we are able to guarantee the renewal of your IP rights.
Due to the external framework conditions, we are forced to have the majority of our employees work from now on in the home office. Almost all PAVIS processes are digital. This enables us to maintain our operations even during these times.
In the following we will show you what the changeover to emergency operation entails:
- All digital processes – which form the vast majority of our activities - will continue as before.
- Should bottlenecks occur, we will always prioritize the validity of your IP rights and focus on deadline-dependent tasks such as the payment of annuities, the renewal of trademarks and designs and conducting EP validations.
- We will also continue to provide other services, such as recordals of IP right changes and search and monitoring. However, if necessary these types of service may be de-prioritized leading to delays in their delivery.
- For clients who have given us a standing order or who already transmit single orders electronically by email, PAVIS Online or PAVIS Connect, nothing will change regarding the instruction process. These orders can be executed in the usual form.
- Depending on external circumstances, problems may occur regarding the receipt and dispatch of documents in paper form. In this event we require your assistance: Clients who send us single orders by post are asked to send them electronically:
zmu-mail(at)pavis(dot)com (recordals and EP validation)
- There may be delays in sending receipts, certificates, invoices and order confirmations in paper form.
- Our staff can still be reached by telephone and email in their home office under their usual contact details. There may be longer telephone waiting times, for which we apologise in advance.
We would like to thank you for your confidence and assure you that even in this exceptional situation we will do everything in our power to maintain the validity of your intellectual property rights.
We wish you and your family all the best for the coming weeks.